[dm-devel] DM-Verity Tool

pavankumar.p at globaledgesoft.com pavankumar.p at globaledgesoft.com
Thu May 30 16:28:35 UTC 2013

Hi All,
   Thanks for your answers to previous questions. I have some more doubts
regarding DM-Verity please clarify it.

1. When dm-verity validation fails, do we lose access to the file?  And how
about accessing the rest of the filesystem?

2. Is there any recovery mechanism for a validation failure?

3. How do we update a DM-Verity filesystem?  Can it be done on a file basis?
I believe that dm-verity works on the blocks & not on the file system, is
that true?

4. Can we use dm-verity for any filesystem (say UBIFS)? Is there any
restriction on filesystem?

5. How to update DM-Veirty device without removing device mapping. I tried
mounting the dm-verity target but it fails

Thanks in advance,
Pavan Kumar P