[dm-devel] DM-Verity Tool

pavankumar.p at globaledgesoft.com pavankumar.p at globaledgesoft.com
Fri May 31 16:15:39 UTC 2013

Hi Mikulas,

Thanks for the reply.

Pavan>> 5. How to update DM-Veirty device without removing device mapping.
I tried mounting the dm-verity target but it fails
Mikulas>
Mikulas> You can't update it.
Mikulas>
Mikulas> If you want to update it, you need to unmount the filesystem,
unload the dm-verity target, mount the underlying device read-write, make
changes, unmount it, recreate checksums with veritysetup, load the
dm-verity target and mount it read only.

If the filesystem is mounted as read-only, how the filesystem can be
modified or corrupted (without removing mapping)? How we can test the
dm-verity functionality?

Thanks,
Pavan