[dm-devel] dm-cache fs corruption

Mears, Morgan Morgan.Mears at netapp.com
Wed Nov 13 18:39:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:29:26AM -0005, Vladimir Smolensky wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm compiling the for-linus branch, it shows 3.12.0-rc5, that's ok right?
>
> Where can I get cache_restore, cache_dump, etc. and info how to use them.

Hi Vladimir,

git clone https://github.com/jthornber/thin-provisioning-tools.git
cd thin-provisioning-tools
autoreconf
./configure --enable-testing
make
sudo cp cache_check cache_dump cache_restore cache_repair /usr/sbin
cache_check --version

This is mostly distilled from README.md in the repo; there are some
additional dependencies in there that you might have to address.

All the tools have a --help option; not sure about other documentation.

--Morgan