[dm-devel] RFC for multipath queue_if_no_path timeout.

Frank Mayhar fmayhar at google.com
Thu Sep 26 17:31:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 18:24 +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> Timeouts were discussed when we added queue_if_no_path. and we made the
> decision to implement this in userspace not the kernel.
>
> Make sure that your daemon doesn't die - or that something monitors it
> and relaunches it if it does.

Uh, huh.  And what about when (not if) _that_ fails?  (For one thing,
what if the stuckness caused by the queued I/O prevents the binary from
being successfully pulled in from storage?)

Granted, this is a belt-and-suspenders kind of thing that most won't
need, but when you need it, you _need_ it.
--
Frank Mayhar
310-460-4042