[dm-devel] DM limits setup

Doug Dumitru doug at easyco.com
Wed Dec 31 22:10:52 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I have a test dm target module that I use to validate storage subsystems
for data accuracy.  It basically builds weak hashes for every sector of a
device when written, and validates these hashes when the sector is read
back.  Ugly memory usage, but it is just a test tool.

I can deploy this with an iterator target and it will take on the limits of
the device underneath, or I can skip the iterator target and get limits at
2048 sectors.  What I would like to do is set the limit manually.  I know
this is "really bad program design", but again, this is a test tool and not
anything for production use.

Can anyone point me at an example of where the limits are setup explicitly.

Thanks in advance.

Doug Dumitru