[dm-devel] dm-crypt: remove per-cpu structure

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 18:58:04 UTC 2014

On 02/22/2014 07:29 PM, Mike Snitzer wrote:

> Thanks for the configuration scenarios.  I think I've asked this of you
> before but: Do you have any automated testing?  Something that we hand a
> blockdevice to and it produces a result that you find meaningful to use
> as a point of comparison.

Ask Ondra, he should have all code what I used (I think he modified it later).
(It was some fio scripts, stacked dmcrypt test, some basic dt and fsx tests and
some simple seek test.)

I run it against several versions (no patch, without sort part, etc)
and tried to compare times and throughput.

It is of course possible I did some stupid mistake.

On top of it, I do not have anything better.
And I do not have any suitable hw for testing now, so I can just say my opinion.

I just hope you have more facts than you mentioned here to support your decision
to merge these changes.

Milan