[dm-devel] creating a dm-linear.ko in a current kernel.

John Utz John.Utz at wdc.com
Mon Feb 24 22:01:44 UTC 2014

Hello;

I have a linear device that i am attempting to harness to device mapper.

My expectation that i developed based on my reading was that I could start from a dm-linear.c => dm-linear.ko and go from there.

But dm-linear.c gets linked into dm-mod.ko, not dm-linear.ko.

Has dm-linear always been part of dm-mod? i see some stuff on the net that implies the existence of dm-linear.ko, but i have poked around in menuconfig and i can find no specific entry to create it.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

tnx!

johnu