[dm-devel] dm-cache for Fedora 21?

Joe Thornber thornber at redhat.com
Mon Jan 13 10:18:01 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 03:56:19PM +0100, Rolf Fokkens wrote:
> What are your views on the status of dm-cache?

I know of people outside our development team who've been testing
dm-cache quite thoroughly (eg, soak test runs that go for weeks, 4T
SSD, huge origin etc.).  So my confidence in dm-cache is improving.

There are still some significant things I need to do over the next few
weeks.  Probably the most important being reducing the memory
footprint, and making the cache spot when a working set has changed
and migrate the chunks more quickly.

- Joe