[dm-devel] v3.15 dm-mpath regression: cable pull test causes I/O hang

Bart Van Assche bvanassche at acm.org
Fri Jun 27 14:18:00 UTC 2014

On 06/27/14 15:33, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> (we've seen sync on last close cause problems when the block device
> isn't reachable).
>
> Any other threads that look suspect in output from?:
>  echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger

I have attached the echo w > /proc/sysrq-trigger output since that's the
only output I had saved. I have been analyzing the SysRq-t output but I
haven't found any additional clue in that output.

> Can you provide your dmsetup table output for the relevant mpath device?
> Are you using queue_if_no_path?  Also, AFAIK you don't use
> multipath-tools, but if by some chance you do please provide your
> multipath.conf.  I'll attempt to reproduce.

The test I ran was a fio data verification test on top of a dm device.
multipathd was running during this test. Is multipath.conf sufficient ?
I have attached my multipath configuration file to this e-mail.

Thanks,

Bart.