[dm-devel] Performance question when blocks in thin-pool are assume zeroed

Joe Thornber thornber at redhat.com
Tue May 13 13:59:59 UTC 2014

Hi Wayne,

I see you're using a 3.6 kernel.  Could I trouble you to try with 3.14
please?  Mike Snitzer wrote a very nice patch recently that implements
a separate deferred list for each thin device, and then sorts
individual bios using a btree.

https://github.com/jthornber/linux-2.6/commit/67324ea18812bc952ef96892fbd5817b9050413f

- Joe