[dm-devel] Unable to deactivate lv, pehaps due to semaphore problem...

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 15:43:22 UTC 2014

Dne 27.11.2014 v 16:36 Gianluca Cecchi napsal(a):
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Zdenek Kabelac <zkabelac at redhat.com
> <mailto:zkabelac at redhat.com>> wrote:
>

>     Ahh - I'd too strict  adblock filter - however passed info is not that useful.
>     Prefered output is   'lvchange -vvvv -an'
>

> Thanks!
> here it is:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvellaS1FtVXpqU2c/view?usp=sharing

Well yes - it shows the device is being held open - lvm2 retries to several
times if the device does not get close - but it doesn't so it refuses o
deactivate.

So if you are sure there is no user - then maybe you have some kpartx
partition this device ?

I'd probably need to see your whole 'dmsetup table'
(at least do a grep for VG_AAA_TEMP/LV_AAA_TEMP minor)

>     You could 'complete' all cookies older then i.e. 1 minute.
>     Nothing should be holding cookie for that long time.
>

> So the command would be
>
> dmsetup udevcomplete_all 1
> correct?

Yes