[dm-devel] Fwd: Reducing size of thin spare metadata, thin metadata

Patrik Horník patrik at dsl.sk
Mon Oct 6 09:05:21 UTC 2014

Thank you very much, now I understand.

But apparently I dont understand exact function of " lvconvert
--thinpool  vg/mypool   --poolmetadata mytemplv" So it also copies
metadata from current metadata LV to mytemplv?

Then what about "lvconvert --thinpool  vg/mypool   --poolmetadata
mynewsizemeta"? It does not do that because mynewsizemeta is smaller
than current metadata mytemplv or?