[dm-devel] [for-3.19 PATCH 00/17] dm thin: performance improvements

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 18:31:19 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 17 2014 at  2:06am -0400,
Mike Snitzer <snitzer at redhat.com> wrote:

> Here is a patchset that Joe and I have been working on for the past 2
> weeks to address various performance problems reported against DM thin
> provisioning.  DM thinp is now much more capable in the face of heavy
> IO (be it random or sequential, multithreaded, etc).
>
> I've just added these patches to linux-dm.git's 'for-next' branch so
> that these changes get early exposure/testing for 3.19 inclusion.

Testing with device-mapper-test-suite on really fast storage uncovered
various races.  Joe quickly fixed these and I've folded the fixes into
the patch series.

v2 will be staged staged in linux-dm.git's 'for-next' branch (after
rebase) very soon.  But I'll respond with the full patchset again just
to help anyone who cares to review/respond on list.

Thanks,
Mike