[dm-devel] staged dm_internal_{suspend, resume} related changes for wider review

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 20:49:58 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29 2014 at  3:06pm -0400,
Mike Snitzer <snitzer at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28 2014 at  9:22pm -0400,
> Mike Snitzer <snitzer at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I pushed rebased versions of these patches to linux-dm.git's
> > 'dm-for-3.19' branch (and pulled into 'for-next' purely to get the
> > kernel.org autobuilders testing the code).  See top 3 commits here:
> > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm.git/log/?h=dm-for-3.19
> >
> > I'm open to any and all changes or dropping code entirely; so me staging
> > like this is just to keep the review ball rolling as quickly as
> > possible.
> >
> > But in particular we need to get Mikulas' and Bryn's feedback on how the
> > dm_internal_{suspend,resume} changes impact dm-stats.
>
> Rebased, and added a few more changes, see top 5 commits here:
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm.git/log/?h=dm-for-3.19

FYI, Joe was kind enough to write a series of tests for these changes,
see:
https://github.com/jthornber/device-mapper-test-suite/commit/860555a3e838e995f8f2549deb9fd7ccebb0deb5
https://github.com/jthornber/device-mapper-test-suite/commit/24da8a852bce9ef94db98bdefdf5cd8cd0d5e2eb

# dmtest run --profile fusionio --suite thin-provisioning -t /SuspendTests/
Loaded suite thin-provisioning
Started
SuspendTests
  suspend_pool_active_thins_no_io...PASS