[dm-devel] partx fails 4096 block size

Ross Anderson rosander at dsotm.net
Mon Sep 15 19:48:23 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I posted a similar error a while back. This is using multipath tools
from GIT as of today. kernel version 3.10.49.

Devices are 4k GPT partition created under windows.

They are running SFS file system (cluster multi os)

udev detects individual paths and they are fully functional.

Multipath creates primary dm-0 devices and alias links however no
partition point is created. Error output is very limited.

I'd appreciate any help in troubleshooting this. Quiet frustrating not
being able to use mpath on 4k blocks.

http://pastebin.com/EbTMXdvE

Thanks,
Ross