[dm-devel] partx fails 4096 block size

Ross Anderson rosander at dsotm.net
Tue Sep 16 15:35:45 UTC 2014

Bryn,

Let me first say thank you for a very detailed reply. I apologize for
misunderstanding the multi path scheme and partx vs kpartx. After
reading the information provided I still have an outstanding issue.
kpartx works as expected when called manuall. The rules provided inside
the git pull kpartx.rules are in the udev path.  I still experience a
lack of partition creation. Udev debug shows the lun dm devices being
created. My question is does udev call kpartx or is there some trigger
within multipath? I do see the feature no_partition located in the git
example conf file. I checked my conf and found no such setting. I'd
appreciate any suggestion as to if this is a udev or mpath issue.

http://pastebin.com/K3VBtzAG

Thanks again for everyone's time reading this.

Ross