[dm-devel] ALUA - rescan device capacity on zero sized block devices

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at sandisk.com
Tue Apr 14 09:49:54 UTC 2015

On 04/14/15 10:14, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> What we can try is to listen to uevents for the device capacity
> change or ALUA state changes, and retry the read capacity for those
> events.

Any mechanism that relies on uevents would be asynchronous. We need a
way to ensure that the capacity data is up to date before any
application starts using that data. In this context that means before
multipath starts queueing I/O to a path. This might be challenging when
processing uevents asynchronously ...

Bart.