[dm-devel] dm-statistics: report precise timestamps and histogram

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 21:07:27 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 18 2015 at  4:26pm -0400,
Mikulas Patocka <mpatocka at redhat.com> wrote:

> Mike, please submit this patch to the upstream kernel before 4.2 is
> released, so that the all the kernels that support the options
> "precise_timestamps" and "histogram" also report these values back.

It is really late to be sending pull requests for 4.2 (next release is
likely 4.2 final).  I've already sent 6 'fixes' pull requests to Linus
for 4.2.  This patch is just too late, sorry.

But what I will do is tag this commit for 4.2-stable inclusion.

Userspace will have to check the DM ioctl version to know if DM provides
these extra keywords.

Mike