[dm-devel] A small question about Device Mapper

Ni, Xun xun.ni at intel.com
Sun Aug 23 07:29:53 UTC 2015

Hi, all:

I use device mapper to config a thin-provision for a block device, with dmsetup, with the following command:

Dmsetup create pool -table "0 `blockdev -getsize /dev/sdd1` thin-pool /dev/sdd2 /dev/sdd1 128 0"
Dmsetup message /dev/mapper/pool 0 "create_thin 0"
Dmsetup create snap1 -tabe "0 `blockdev -getsize /dev/sdd3` thin /dev/mapper/pool 0 /dev/sdd3"

Everything works well, but when I reboot the system, the block device is gone, I need to create the pool again...

Anyone has idea on how to make this config persistent?  I need to boot the kernel , the dm pool device shows after the MD device found.

Thanks,
Xun