[dm-devel] dmcache RAID1 bug?

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 16:33:19 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 19 2014 at  4:39pm -0500,
Leonardo Santos <heiligerstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> After run regression tests using 'git bisect', I identify that the error
> was created after commit 8c081b52c6833a30a69ea3bdcef316eccc740c87
>
> To reproduce this error just:
> - create a raid1 HDDs for origin device;
> - create a cache device with SSDs (could or not be raid)
> - create a metadata device with SSDs (could or not be raid)
> - create a cache device using prior devices
> - kernel crashes.
>
> I attached the bitseclog and diff file!

Hi, Joe recently fixed a couple issues in dm-cache that were only seen
when a DM raid device lost a raid member (while not exact as your
report, could resolve your issues).  Could you please retest with these
3 dm-cache commits applied to your kernel (all commits are in latest
3.19-rc kernel)?

9b1cc9f dm cache: share cache-metadata object across inactive and active DM tables
a59db67 dm cache: fix problematic dual use of a single migration count variable
766a788 dm cache: fix missing ERR_PTR returns and handling