[dm-devel] dm-io: reject unsupported DISCARD/WRITE SAME requests with EOPNOTSUPP

Martin K. Petersen martin.petersen at oracle.com
Fri Feb 13 21:12:24 UTC 2015

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Snitzer <snitzer at redhat.com> writes:

Mike> Yeah, I'm OK with leaving it as is for now (allowing a mix).

That's fine with me as long as you're comfortable that we're handling
the corner cases correctly.

Mike> So I'll be picking your dm-io patch up for 3.20-rc.

Should also go to stable.

Mike> No, the DM table reload for Y would alter the discard capability
Mike> of Y but it will _not_ bubble up to X.

Mike> (would be nice if such limit stacking with refresh but...)

Yeah. We keep talking about this. Maybe we can have a quick brain storm
at LSF/MM?