[dm-devel] Device mapper target driver for Write tracking or Write split

Suresh Babu Kandukuru suresh.babu.kandukuru at oracle.com
Mon Jan 12 10:04:04 UTC 2015

Thanks Bryn.

>>Aside from mentioning CDP and replicating data to another appliance you
>>haven't really stated what you're trying to do.

[Suresh]  - >  Bascilly I would like tap/track the  all writes happening that mapped lun on the host   ( take it as any block device on the host ) , in the format of Offset, Length and Data  . and then send this data to CDP appliace . This CDP appliance has the target lun which is intially synced to source lun on the host .  after receving the writes happening  on  host , this cdp applicance apply writes to target lun . so both source lun and target luns are  in sync all the time .  Can you advise me anything better now ?. Thanks again