[dm-devel] dm_mirror/dm_raid1 limitations ?.

Suresh Babu Kandukuru suresh.babu.kandukuru at oracle.com
Mon Jan 26 13:51:43 UTC 2015

Use case is : Two luns are mapped from storage array to linux host which are in same SAN fabric . we want to create a mirror on the linux host with these two luns and let  host use that mirror lun .  basic tests suggest that dm_mirror working fine . when we have any intermittent path issues with between host and san array , host i/o just freeze , never returns back even after the path is online.

Is dm_mirror viable solution here  ?. Can you point me any link which gives the limitations of dm_mirror ? . another alternate solutions you propose here ?. Thanks in advance .

Thanks

/Suresh