[dm-devel] blk-mq DM changes for 3.20 [was: Re: blk-mq request allocation stalls]X

Keith Busch keith.busch at intel.com
Thu Jan 29 22:43:56 UTC 2015

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 01/28/2015 10:44 AM, Mike Snitzer wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 28 2015 at 11:42am -0500,
>> Jens Axboe <axboe at kernel.dk> wrote:
>>> I'd prefer to take these prep patches through the block tree.
>>
>> Great, should I send the patches or can you cherry-pick?
>
> I already cherry picked them, they are in the for-3.20/core branch.

I might be getting ahead of myself for trying this right now (sorry if
that's the case) but 'for-3.20/core' is missing necessary parts of the
series and hits a BUG_ON at blk-core.c:2333. The original request is
initialized when setting up the clone, and in this branch, that happens
in prep_fn before the request was dequeued so it's not in the queuelist
when it started.

One of my commits relocated the initialization, but I didn't realize it
had a hard dependency on the follow-on commit.  Should we reorder that
part of the series?