[dm-devel] multipathd removing DM devices that don't belong to it

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Mon Jul 27 09:12:34 UTC 2015

On 07/24/2015 07:53 PM, Artem Danielov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any chance you guys have looked into this problem? Thank you!

Well, hardly surprising.
ATM multipathd expects to be the only one creating multipath tables,
so of course it would try to 'rectify' the situation.

What one could try is to use a different UUID prefix (ie something
else than 'mpath') and then teach multipath to ignore all
device-mapper devices of type 'multipath' but without the 'mpath'
UUID prefix.

> Is this a bug?

Not as such.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke		               zSeries & Storage
hare at suse.de			               +49 911 74053 688