[dm-devel] AMD-Vi IO_PAGE_FAULTs and ata3.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED errors since Linux 4.0

Andreas Hartmann andihartmann at freenet.de
Thu Jul 30 20:30:21 UTC 2015

On 07/29/2015 at 07:23 PM Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> On 07/29/2015 at 08:41 AM Milan Broz wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> please try adding follwoing cryptsetup perf. options while unlocking
>>> your LUKS containers: --perf-submit_from_crypt_cpus and
>>> --perf-same_cpu_crypt.
>>>
>>> Perhaps focus on SSD disk as previous unresolved report mentioned SSD too
>
> I'll next try to just boot from the rotational disk. If the problem
> doesn't show up here, it could be SSD related, too.
>

>> Just you need to use cryptsetup 1.6.7 version (older versions do not have this options yet).
>
> Thanks for this hint.
>
> I compiled this version and applied it and verified it, if it's really
> in initrd. It was in initrd and the additional options where applied, too.
>
> But: nothing changed with enabled ncq - exactly same problem as before
> (w/ linux 3.19.8 + additional patches and Linux 4.1 - no difference in
> behavior).

Next tests:
I didn't mount any filesystem on bootup located on the ssd (only the
rotational based mounts) -> no problem.

Next: I tried to add the partitions from the ssd to be mounted on boot -
one by one. As there where 4 partitions to be mounted from the ssd, the
errors came up again.

Next: You suspect the ssd as being bad. Therefore, I changed the ssd and
tested with KINGSTON SV300S37A240G. Result: Same as above - errors are
coming up if there are mounted more than 3 partitions at the same time.

- rotational disks alone: it's ok
- more than 3 partitions on ssd Corsair Force GT -> broken
- more than 3 partitions on ssd KINGSTON SV300S37A240G -> broken

Regards,
Andreas