[dm-devel] A path to a different device was added to an existing mapth

guy keren guy.keren at kaminario.com
Sat Mar 28 11:32:11 UTC 2015

hi Sean,

in the case stated, the host was not rebooted during this test. what has
changed is LUNs exposure to the host (unmapping and re-mapping of LUNs,
deleting and re-creating of LUNs).

could these kind of operations trigger similar issues?

from what we saw, multipathd's state made it think that some paths, that
have different WWIDs, should be bound to the same multipath device
(which is incorrect).

a different question comes to mind:

   if we avoid using the friendly names, and instead use the
/dev/mapper/<wwid> device paths - is this likely to avoid the problem in
the first place?

--guy