[dm-devel] Dumb question; please help

Locane locane at gmail.com
Wed May 6 17:45:11 UTC 2015

Hello, I apologize in advance for asking this question, but I can't seem to
find the information in documentation or anything online.

Short explanation:

- I have a CentOS 6.6 LiveCD that is dying after lots of file system thrash
- I use "dmsetup status" to check on when it's dying
- I don't know what the numbers in "dmsetup status" represent - they're not
labeled

Can anyone answer this question
<http://superuser.com/questions/900783/dmsetup-status-fields-explained> or
label the following fields for me and explain what they are?

[root at localhost ~]# dmsetup status
live-osimg-min: 0 4194304 snapshot 1272/1272 16
live-rw: 0 4194304 snapshot 7568/1048576 40

What are the <number>/<number>s?  What is the 2 digit number following them?

My LiveCD dies when the 7568 number in this example gets to the (I assume
gibabyte) 1048576 number.  Can I increase this base size?

I apologize again for asking such a rudimentary question on this mailing
list, but I am desperate.

Thanks in advance.