[dm-devel] AMD-Vi IO_PAGE_FAULTs and ata3.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED errors since Linux 4.0

Joerg Roedel joro at 8bytes.org
Wed Oct 7 15:40:05 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 08:37:59PM +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> But there is another problem w/ 4.3-rc2: Starting a VM w/ PCIe
> passthrough doesn't work any more. I'm getting the attached null pointer
> dereference and the machine hangs.

Weird, probably a do_detach call for a device that is already detached.
Anyway, I can't reproduce this here on my two AMD IOMMU machines.  Can
you please boot the machine with amd_iommu_dump on the kernel command
line and send me dmesg after boot?

Also, which device are you trying to attach to the guest (pci
bus/device/function)?

Output of lspci might also be helpful.

Thanks,

	Joerg