[dm-devel] dm-multipath test scripts

Junichi Nomura j-nomura at ce.jp.nec.com
Thu Oct 8 23:10:34 UTC 2015

On 10/07/15 16:31, Johannes Thumshirn wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-10-07 at 05:39 +0000, Junichi Nomura wrote:
>> This is a set of scripts for kernel-side dm-multipath testing.
>> Current
>> set of scripts are stress testing of extreme situation and its
>> coverage
>> is limited. But recently found dm-mpath regressions should be
>> detectable
>> with this. I hope this helps people working on dm-multipath related
>> code
>> as a regression test set.
>>
>> Though this is created as a patch for linux kernel source, it's just
>> for
>> convenience of kernel developers (I don't have a place to host this
>> kind
>> of scripts). If there are better place to contribute this, please let
>> me know.
>
> Have you considered placing it under tools/testing/selftests/? I think
> people are looking for testing there instead of Documentation.

Yes, but I think (the current contents of) my scripts don't fit well for
the purpose of 'tools/testing/selftests', which is a place for unit tests.
My scripts are for long-run stress testing and may need parameter
tuning depending on running environment.

Thanks for the comment.
--
Jun'ichi Nomura, NEC Corporation