[dm-devel] multipath with alias and binding file

Schunack, Daniel dschunack at web.de
Thu Sep 24 12:19:40 UTC 2015

Hello,

we use alias on our OEL and Redhat Server. In RHEL5/OEL5 we use the
multipath.conf to set the aliases on the system. With RHEL5/OEL6 we use
the /etc/multipath/binding file to set alias.
It works great, but with the update to OEL6.7 the multipathd doesn't use
our alias in /etc/multipath/binding. The multipathd add the WWIDs again
at the end of the File.
The Oracle Support says it's not allowed to set alias with the binding
file. It's only supported to do this in the multipath.conf.
My Question is: Is this correct and it's not allowed to set alias with
binding file and the only way to do this is the multipath.conf?

Best regards

Daniel