[dm-devel] v4.3-rc2 dm-mq bug

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at sandisk.com
Fri Sep 25 15:34:47 UTC 2015

On 09/24/2015 04:01 PM, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> I'm not referring to the removal of a DM mpath device's underlying SRP
> paths.  The __dm_destroy() path is only used when destroying a DM
> device.  The only DM device used by multipath is the DM mpath device.
>
> So somehow your test is running the equivalent of:
>   dmsetup remove <toplevel_DM_mpath_device>
>
> While IO is being issued directly to that device.

Hello Mike,

One of the steps in my test is to remove all dm devices that have been
created on top of SRP paths. The call trace at the start of this thread
was triggered by the following command (unloading the SRP initiator is
only possible after all holders of SRP paths have been removed):

for p in /sys/class/srp_remote_ports/*; do echo 1 >$p/delete & done;
wait; dmsetup remove_all; modprobe -r ib_srp

The I/O was probably generated by multipathd itself (a path check).

Bart.