[dm-devel] Queuing of dm-raid1 resyncs to the same underlying block devices

Richard Davies richard at arachsys.com
Sat Sep 26 15:49:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

Does dm-raid queue resyncs of multiple dm-raid1 arrays, if the underlying
block devices are the same?

Linux md has this feature, e.g.:

# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [linear] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [multipath]
md1 : active raid1 sda2[2] sdb2[1]
      943202240 blocks [2/1] [_U]
      [====>................]  recovery = 21.9% (207167744/943202240)
      finish=20290.8min speed=603K/sec
      bitmap: 1/8 pages [4KB], 65536KB chunk

md0 : active raid1 sda1[2] sdb1[1]
      67108736 blocks [2/1] [_U]
        resync=DELAYED
      bitmap: 1/1 pages [4KB], 65536KB chunk

After some time investigating, I can't find it in dm-raid.

Please can someone tell me if this is implemented or not?

If it is implemented, where should I look to see it happening?

Thanks,

Richard.