[dm-devel] AMD-Vi IO_PAGE_FAULTs and ata3.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED errors since Linux 4.0

Joerg Roedel joro at 8bytes.org
Tue Sep 29 15:21:01 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 08:50:40AM +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> > I would submit this bug to maintainers of AMD-Vi. They understand the
> > hardware, so they should tell why do large I/O requests result in
> > IO_PAGE_FAULTs.
> >
> > It is probably bug either in AMD-Vi driver or in hardware.
>
> Until now, I didn't hear anything from the maintainers of AMD-Vi.

What do you mean by this? I've been commenting on this issue in the
past and I thought we agreed that this is no issue of the IOMMU driver.

It it were, bisection should lead to a commit that breaks it, but there
are no commits between v3.18 and v3.19 in the AMD IOMMU driver touching
the DMA-API path.

	Joerg