[dm-devel] multipath-0.5.0 still provides broken udev rules

Peter Volkov peter.volkov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:15:52 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Christophe Varoqui <
christophe.varoqui at opensvc.com> wrote:

> Distributors can't be asked to agree on a common udev ruleset.

Of course, there is no pressure on downstream distributor on what
configuration/udev rules should be used. Yet it's always good to have
upstream hand for such things. Lot's of packages
(lvm/systemd/networkmanager/...) come with an upstream suggested udev
rules. Should we avoid use of that udev rules? I don't think so.

Ben, Hannes, Xosé, Peter are you ok with my deleting the udev rules example
> ?

Since these rules are broken it good idea to drop this file to avoid
confusion. Yet it's good idea to document some general ideas of what needs
to be done with udev to setup fully working multipath configuration.

--
Peter.