[dm-devel] multipath-0.5.0 still provides broken udev rules

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Tue Apr 26 05:53:48 UTC 2016

On 04/25/2016 10:14 PM, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> On 04/25/2016 02:56 PM, Christophe Varoqui wrote:
>
>> Those example udev rules are indeed unmaintained and should be
>> removed not to confuse distributors.
>>
>> Distributors can't be asked to agree on a common udev ruleset.
>> Ben, Hannes, Xosé, Peter are you ok with my deleting the udev rules example ?
>
> Fine with me.
>
> Btw, are these relevant ?
>
> getuid/usb_id
Huh? What is that doing there?
It should really have been moved to the udev package ...

> kpartx/kpartx_id
> kpartx/kpartx.rules
See above. Yes, they are relevant (at least for us)

> multipath/01_udev
> multipath/02_multipath
Not used anymore with systemd/dracut

> multipath/11-dm-mpath.rules
Yep. Absolutely required.

> multipath.conf.annotated
> multipath.conf.defaults
> multipath.conf.synthetic
Actually, I never saw the need for those.
Can we at least have them merged?

> multipathd/multipathd.init.debian
> multipathd/multipathd.init.redhat
> multipathd/multipathd.init.suse
Old init scripts; doubtful value.

> multipathd/multipathd.service
> multipathd/multipathd.socket
systemd service definitions. Yes, required.

> multipath/multipath.init.suse
Old init script; not used anymore.

> multipath/multipath.rules
Yep. used for udev.

> multipath-tools.spec.in

Well; due to our buildservice we have to keep a separate spec file
anyway. So ATM we don't use it.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke		   Teamlead Storage & Networking
hare at suse.de			               +49 911 74053 688