[dm-devel] [Lsf] Notes from the four separate IO track sessions at LSF/MM

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at sandisk.com
Thu Apr 28 15:53:50 UTC 2016

On 04/28/2016 08:40 AM, James Bottomley wrote:
> Well, the entire room, that's vendors, users and implementors
> complained that path failover takes far too long.  I think in their
> minds this is enough substance to go on.

The only complaints I heard about path failover taking too long came
from people working on FC drivers. Aren't SCSI transport layer
implementations expected to fail I/O after fast_io_fail_tmo expired
instead of waiting until the SCSI error handler has finished? If so, why
is it considered an issue that error handling for the FC protocol can
take very long (hours)?

Thanks,

Bart.