[dm-devel] dm-mq and end_clone_request()

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at sandisk.com
Fri Aug 5 15:43:16 UTC 2016

On 08/05/2016 08:39 AM, Laurence Oberman wrote:
> I completely forgot I had set no_path_retry=12, so after 12 retries it will error out.
> This is likely why I had different results seemingly affected by timing.
> Mike reminded me of it this morning.
>
> What do you have set for no_path_retry, because when I set it to queue, it blocks the paths coming back for some reason.
> I am now investigating why that is happening :).
> I see now I need to add "simultaneous all paths lost" scenarios to my QA testing, as its not a common scenario.

Hello Laurence,

I'm using the following multipath.conf file for the tests I run:

defaults {
	user_friendly_names	yes
	queue_without_daemon	no
}

blacklist {
	device {
		vendor			"ATA"
		product			".*"
	}
}

devices {
	device {
		vendor			"SCST_BIO|LIO-ORG"
		product			".*"
		features		"3 queue_if_no_path pg_init_retries 50"
		path_grouping_policy	group_by_prio
		path_selector		"queue-length 0"
		path_checker		tur
	}