[dm-devel] v4.8 dm-mpath

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at sandisk.com
Thu Aug 25 17:40:01 UTC 2016

On 08/17/2016 06:54 PM, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17 2016 at  8:29pm -0400,
> Bart Van Assche <bart.vanassche at sandisk.com> wrote:
>> Earlier today I came up with three patches that avoid the hang in
>> truncate_inode_pages_range() that I had reported before. It would be
>> appreciated if you could have a look at these patches. Please keep
>> in mind that I'm not a dm expert.
>
> I don't recall where you mentioned a hang in
> truncate_inode_pages_range().. ah I see it here:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9202331/

Hello Mike,

As usual, thanks for the quick feedback. But it seems like I sent my
e-mail too soon: after I had sent my e-mail I ran again into the
truncate_inode_pages_range() hang. So far I have run the fio + simulated
cable pulling test with the following configurations:
* scsi-mq + single queue dm: hang occurs after a few iterations.
* scsi-mq + dm-mq: hang occurs after a few iterations.
* single queue scsi + dm-mq: test passes.

I will have another look at the blk-mq core and scsi-mq core layers.

Bart.