[dm-devel] dm-cache: please check/repair metadata

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 10:23:26 UTC 2016

Dne 8.12.2016 v 02:36 Ian Pilcher napsal(a):
> I have a dm-cache device that throws the following error when I try to
> create it:
>
>  device-mapper: cache: 253:20: unable to switch cache to write mode until
> repaired.
>  device-mapper: cache: 253:20: switching cache to read-only mode
>  device-mapper: table: 253:20: cache: Unable to get write access to metadata,
> please check/repair metadata.
>  device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
>
> How can I go about checking/repairing the metadata?

Hi

I'm sorry but you've attached so little information there is no way to
give you some useful hint.

We need to know kernel version, OS (distribution),  lvm2 version,
version of cache_check tools and likely some more (dmesg/messages log)

Also you need to attach  'dmsetup table'  & 'dmsetup status'
'lsblk'

You may get better results opening  bugzilla at:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=LVM%20and%20device-mapper

Regards

Zdenek