[dm-devel] dm-mpath: fix a tiny case which can cause an infinite loop

Martin K. Petersen martin.petersen at oracle.com
Thu Feb 4 05:03:34 UTC 2016

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Snitzer <snitzer at redhat.com> writes:

Mike> The SCSI, or block layer, should return a non-retryable error for
Mike> this case.  But we only have the differentiated IO errors for SCSI
Mike> cmds that are issued, so it seems we still need to train SCSI (and
Mike> block by association/dependency) to return permanent errors that
Mike> are identified during request preparation.

There currently isn't any way to make BLKPREP_KILL return anything other
than -EIO. I'll take a look tomorrow...