[dm-devel] [LSF/MM ATTEND] plan to deprecate old .request_fn request-based code path?

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 11:02:40 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 09:21:24AM +0100, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> We have been down that road already. It doesn't work.
> There is a reason why we switched to request-based multipathing.

It's worth reminding people of the original write-up explaining this
switch:

  https://www.kernel.org/doc/ols/2007/ols2007v2-pages-235-244.pdf

(and that since that was written, there have been plenty of changes,
both to the request-based code itself and the bio-based path which Kent
streamlined).

Alasdair