[dm-devel] Can anyone help me understand what is going wrong with a dm-multipah config I have?

Mauricio Faria de Oliveira mauricfo at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 25 13:23:34 UTC 2016

On 11/18/2015 02:55 PM, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Why does dm-multipath not switch to using the alternate paths?

I seem to recall one case where the iSCSI-related timeouts were not
set to lower values, for multipathing. So, failover took more time
than expected (ending up in the default value of 120 seconds iirc).

It was documented in the open-iscsi readme, section 8 advanced config
(includes topics for multipath configurations).

Additional references:
[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide/iscsi-replacements_timeout.html
[2]