[dm-devel] multipath issue on kernel 4.6.2

Jean-Philippe Methot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Fri Jun 17 14:24:17 UTC 2016

Greetings,

I thought I would inform you of this issue I've had with multipathd
under CentOS 7 on kernel 4.6.2. The idea is that we wanted to test
kernel 4.6.2 for virtualization purposes, as apparently kernel 4 and up
improves IO for KVM. When we boot on that kernel though, multipath keeps
detecting and immediately losing the paths to our block devices, causing
undelivered IO to accumulate (or so it looks like), the VM to become
unresponsive and eventually, crashing the host.

This is the kernel package name we installed :
kernel-ml-4.6.2-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 .

Of course we've rolled back to kernel 3.10 since, so that our VMs can
work properly, but I thought it would be a good idea to bring this issue
to your attention.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe Méthot