[dm-devel] Adding target device caused an alignment inconsistency

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at sandisk.com
Tue Mar 1 22:25:35 UTC 2016

Hello,

With kernel 4.4.0 (openSuSE Tumbleweed) I see the following message
appear systematically in the kernel log if udev reports a new path to
multipathd:

[958779.753012] device-mapper: table: 254:0: adding target device sdg
caused an alignment inconsistency: physical_block_size=4096,
logical_block_size=512, alignment_offset=0, start=0

This did not happen with previous kernel versions. This causes the
initiator to report the new paths as faulty until I run the following
command:

echo reconfigure | multipathd -k

Is this a know issue?

Thanks,