[dm-devel] [Lsf] Notes from the four separate IO track sessions at LSF/MM

Laurence Oberman loberman at redhat.com
Mon May 2 19:28:04 UTC 2016

Laurence Oberman
Principal Software Maintenance Engineer
Red Hat Global Support Services

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bart Van Assche" <bart.vanassche at sandisk.com>
To: "Laurence Oberman" <loberman at redhat.com>
Cc: linux-block at vger.kernel.org, "linux-scsi" <linux-scsi at vger.kernel.org>, "Mike Snitzer" <snitzer at redhat.com>, "James Bottomley" <James.Bottomley at HansenPartnership.com>, "device-mapper development" <dm-devel at redhat.com>, lsf at lists.linux-foundation.org
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2016 2:49:54 PM
Subject: Re: [dm-devel] [Lsf] Notes from the four separate IO track sessions at LSF/MM

On 04/29/2016 05:47 PM, Laurence Oberman wrote:
> [...]

Hello Laurence,

Everyone else on all mailing lists to which this message has been posted
replies below the message. Please follow this convention.

Regarding the fail-over time: the ib_srp driver guarantees that
scsi_done() is invoked from inside its terminate_rport_io() function.
Apparently the lpfc and the qla2xxx drivers behave differently. Please
work with the maintainers of these drivers to reduce fail-over time.

Bart.