[dm-devel] multipath-tools : A way needless to restart multipathd damon while attaching new device to host which met a path failure

Benjamin Marzinski bmarzins at redhat.com
Wed May 25 17:46:03 UTC 2016

While having multipathd retain failed devices when it restarts may be a
little tricky, since it won't know anything about those devices, having
it retain these devices during a reload (which is enough to be able to
change the configuration) should be doable.  I agree that multipathd
should not be removing devices if they haven't been removed from the
system since, like you say, that will keep multipathd from reacting to
the device's later recovery.

I'll take a look into doing this.

-Ben