[dm-devel] no_path_retry: NO_PATH_RETRY_FAIL vs NO_PATH_RETRY_UNDEF

Benjamin Marzinski bmarzins at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 18:55:20 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 05:11:33PM +0100, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> Hi,
>

> NO_PATH_RETRY_UNDEF is 0
>

> no_path_retry    Specify what to do when all paths are down. Possible values are:
>
>                     value > 0   number of retries until disable I/O queueing.
>
>                     fail        for immediate failure (no I/O queueing).
>
>                     queue       for never stop I/O queueing. Similar to queue_if_no_path.
>

> Is there any real difference?

The idea was that if you have NO_PATH_RETRY_UNDEF, then you just use
whatever is in the features line. If you have NO_PATH_RETRY_FAIL, that
takes priority over the features line.

So if someone has

features "1 queue_if_no_path"

then NO_PATH_RETRY_UNDEF gets you the same results as
NO_PATH_RETRY_QUEUE.

-Ben