[dm-devel] Device-mapper target driver for Write tracking

Daniel Armbruster dani.armbruster at gmx.de
Wed Oct 19 10:53:54 UTC 2016

Hi List,

I'm looking for a device-mapper target driver giving me the possibility to
track/log WRITE requests. The idea is to track those WRITE requests within a
Bitmap e.g. 1:LV-EXTEND (for LVM2). I read already the device-mapper
documentation under

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/device-mapper/

but didn't find an appropriate module which would suite my needs.

Is there any work happening on this to leverage? Any kind of help is
appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

cheers,
Daniel

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key EF60F5CC