[dm-devel] [BUG] BLKZEROOUT on dm-crypt container cause OOM / kernel panic

Tom Yan tom.ty89 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:14:19 UTC 2017

Never mind, I guess I was wrong, coz bio_add_page() is always called
with "offset" = 0 here, so:

offset == bv->bv_offset + bv->bv_len

is never matched. Hence,

if (bio->bi_vcnt >= bio->bi_max_vecs)
return 0;

will trigger the if-break.

So maybe this is after all just a dm-crypt issue on handling multiple
bios created with next_bio (a bio chain)?